Wednesday 8 February 2017

Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette

Charlotte Tilbury has been a household name in the beauty world for some time, so it came as no surprise to me how popular her makeup range has become. I have followed Charlotte Tilbury's work for years so I was excited to try some of her products...

This post is dedicated to her eyeshadow quads 'Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette'. Her palettes are in her signature gold and brown packaging and contain a mirror. I love how elegant the Charlotte tilbury counter looks and these palettes are no exception. The two palettes I own are 'The Dolce Vita' and 'The Vintage Vamp'. All palettes contain four shadows, they start with a light tone and as you can see by the picture shadow 4 is the darkest in the palette.

Image sourced from Instagram @Ctilburymakeup

The Vintage Vamp consists of lustworthy cranberry tones and sexy hues of plum. The name describes this palette perfect and teamed with a smudgey kohl liner this palette is your one stop to a grungy berry eye. I love the deepest colour in this I buff it all over the lid and press the glitter pigment over the top to make it more of an evening look. Pictured below is the look I created with all shades from the Vintage Vamp Palette paired with MAC 'Feline pencil' and 'Upward Lash' Mascara.



The Dolce Vita is my makeup style in a palette, it contains a natural shimmer highlight and rich bronze reddy tones throughout. My favourite and what makes the palette so special is the glitter (bottom left) you don't need an adhesive to stick the glitter and I find it best applied with your finger. The glitter looks fine and has lots of reflex pigments so it gives a gorgeous classy finish (unlike some glitters which can look chunky) the texture of the glitter is creamy and gives an amazing coverage.
Pictured below is the look I created using Dolce Vita, I added MAC Mineralize skinfinish powder in shade 'dark golden'; I buffed this powder in the socket to diffuse the shadows and give a softer look to the eye. I used MAC 'Teddy' pencil and MAC 'In Extreme Dimension 3D black' Mascara.


My only criticism about the palette's would be the glitter, this particular texture has a lot of fall down when applied with a brush. I find the glitter runs out before the rest of the shadows due to the glitter being a thicker texture, Im hoping they bring them out individually!
For £39 the palettes are a higher price point than most others on the market, however they are luxury and perfect for that overnight bag when you don't want to haul lots of products away with you. The beauty of having lighter and darker shades is it makes a perfect day palette and then add the glitter and the darkest shade for a night out look. I would also carry a bronzer or a matte neutral shadow as the palette contains no matte finishes, without a matte product it can be difficult to achieve a more blended effect.

Have you tried any of the Luxury Palette's? What's your favourite?

Fair of Face x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fair of Face. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig