Wednesday 24 September 2014

My favourite foundations

I'm often asked what is the best foundation. This completley varies given someones skin type and preference. For me I have dry skin and like a fresh glowy finish. Wether it be full coverage or natural I opt for a foundation to give my skin a dewy finish. I have a top 5 when it comes to foundations, being as indecisive as I am- I like to have options!

1. MAC Face and Body
This is a water based foundation which is really sheer. When applied with a brush it gives a high shine to the skin, if buffed on with the hands it gives a fuller coverage; due to the foundation being water based the heat of your hands absorbs the water, therefore giving a fuller and thicker texture. I find the foundation lasts a lot longer and becomes a medium coverage when applied using your hands. I wear Face and Body when my skin is blemish free, it is my go to holiday foundation and is perfect when I have a tan and want a quick, fresh finish. It is easy to build and feels really comfotable/ light on the skin.

2. Laura Mercier Tinted moisturiser 
I have used this tinted moisturiser for years! I use this on holiday also, it is super dewy with a borderline glittery finish. Perfect for those who want a radiant finish. I wear this when my skin is looking particularly dry, especially from too much sun! I also use this as my moisturiser before applying a full coverage for a night out. I wear 'bare radiance' in the winter and 'warm radiance' in the summer.

3. MAC beauty balm compact
A medium to full coverage, which comes as a suprise to many considering its a 'BB cream'. When people hear BB cream, they tend to think watery and sheer version of a tinted moisturiser. In my experience I have found this to be true with most BB creams. This one is completley different! It comes with a sponge and can be built up to be a full coverage. Eventhough it is a medium coverage it still feels comfortable on the skin, it contains 'water..' whilst wearing this product it also hydrating the skin at the same time. I particularly love this BB cream as when I come to remove my makeup my skin feels hydrated and plump, almost as though I've had a face mask/ treatment on my skin. This is perfect for work when you feel you need to wear makeup, yet your skin is in need of a day off. The BB also has a primer built in therefore minumum products are needed to reach a long lasting and flawless finish. I simply powder through the T zone to set and avoid shine in unwanted areas.It also has an SPF 30 so keeps you protected when you're out and about.

4. MAC Studio sculpt foundation
A full coverage gel based fomula, this is another foundation which is really hydrating, perfect for anyone who finds their foundation clings to certain areas of their face. Full and flawless coverage with a dewy finish. What is perfect with this foundation is when teamed with a good powder it can be altered to a satin finish. This finish looks flawless on pictures and lasts the whole night without the fear of it looking greasey after a few hours. I wear this foundation when I'm outside all day- perfect for festivals.

5. Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation
I have been wearing this foundation for over two years and I love it! It is the perfect for me. It gives a full, flawless coverage. This is oil free so aimed towards an oily skin type, yet I keep all my skin care fresh and use the tinted moisturiser (number 2) underneath this foundation and it sits comfortably. It doesn't move all night and literally looks like silk on the skin. It hides blemishes with only a small amount of product and gives a gorgeous sheen to the skin. I think this foundation would be amazing on all skin types teamed with the correct primers and moisturisers.


Fair of Face x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fair of Face. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig