Monday 23 July 2012

Summer Glow - Tinted Moisturiser

As we are in the middle of our 'Summer' and I'm sat in my garden with the first sign of sun in months I thought to write this blog on tinted moisturisers...
I like to wear a heavier coverage of foundation in the winter months, yet when the weather starts to warm up there is nothing worse then feeling uncomfortable or suffocated by your make up. I'm not one for going au natural and still like some form of coverage even when on holiday. I have found tinted moisturiser is the answer. It is buildable and gives an even coverage, yet sits lightly on the skin so you hardly notice you're wearing anything. Its a great base to add bronzers and powders on top. With it being a moisturiser your skin is being cared for and hydrated in the process, perfect!

I believe tinted moisturiser have been thought of as a waste of money in the past and there wasn't as big a demand for them, due to consumers not realising the benefits and basically viewing them as a watery foundation with little staying power. Tinted moisturiser shouldn't be treated like a normal moisturiser, which is for most a slap dash application to hydrate the skin. Your tinted moisturiser should be applied with a foundation brush in order to get the most coverage and you should aim to buff it into the skin just like you would with any foundation. I still apply some of my normal moisturiser before applying the product just to give an extra touch of hydration in the heat, this works due to me having dry skin, yet i wouldn't recommend this step for those with an oily skin type. I would suggest to test with and without your usual moisturiser and see which you prefer after a couple of hours of wearing.

After deciding a tinted moisturiser was an essential for the summer months my search began! I tried various brands and read numerous reviews. I monitored them throughout the day and then at the end of the day. I was looking for the coverage, how my skin felt under the product and its staying power. I found some were quite greasey. Some didn't last as long and required a second application/ touch up. Other's offered barely any coverage. That is when i discovered my favourite brand for this product!

Laura Mercier. The original tinted moisturiser is one of their best selling products, with a wide range of colours to suit majority of skin tones. It is light weight, with light yet buildable coverage. Feels comfortable and combined with a touch of primer it doesn't move yet allows skin to breathe.I can understand why this product is a winner of multiple beauty awards. The brand also offers the same formula with different benefits. The oil free which is best for those with an oily skin type. My favourite being the illumaniting, due to having dry skin even when hydrated and my skin is at its best it can still look dull, therefore I opt for products to brighten my skin and give a dewy finish. So after discovering this tinted moisturiser with the illuminating extra i was sold. The only downside is the price tag at £33 it's not cheap. The way i see it, foundation is a product most are likely to pay that extra amount for, if your base is perfect everything else seems to fall into place. Therefore view your tinted moisturiser as your summer foundation, not to mention a little goes a long way. I bought the shade golden radiance which is slightly dark for me at the moment, yet with a tan will be perfect, I can't wait to try it on my next holiday in a few weeks. It also has an spf 20 so you'l be protected whilst wearing. This will literally give you that summer glow without having to wear tons of different products whilst abroad (less products to pack means more room for clothes!)


Things to bare in mind it does have an SPF 20 therefore may give some flash back and combined with a lot of sunburn from that day you could look shiney, in that case add a powder to the t-zones and maybe a concealer under eyes and the moisturiser everywhere else. I hasn't gave me any flash back, yet i will bare this in mind whilst on holiday. Also just because it has the SPF in don't use it as a replacement for your usual sun protection.

Fair of Face x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fair of Face. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig